Re: 6 cylinder in a 100 chassis

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 cylinder in a 100 chassis
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:42:23 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/04 11:31:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
TMHEFFRON@aol.com writes:
About 15 years ago I saw an attempted installation of a 3.8 liter Jaguar
engine in what I believe was a 100-6, though it may have been a 100-4.  It
was an
ugly situation and I doubt the car was ever completed.  It was in the south
suburbs of Chicago.
BMLC did exactly that making a Mark IV Healey 4000, it had a Jag or was it a
rolls engine...now my memory is fuzzy.  Anyway, in order to fit the engine,
they had to cut the car in half longitudinally and widen it considerably.
Would
have been an interesting vehicle but still wouldn't pass crash test in the
States...I am sure someone on the list will rmember which engine it was...the
V-8 swap is common and certainly reduces weight while adding LOTS of HP...a
friend had one with a built to the gills 327 that was scary fast.  His current
one
is getting an FI Ford 302 to replace the current 289.  Ford fit better
because it is narrower...I am pretty much a purist and like the big six but if
found one without an engine...who knows.

Cheers,
Dave