Replacing Shock Mounting Plate

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing Shock Mounting Plate
From: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:32:31 -0700
I need to replace the left front shock mounting plate on my BN7 (this weekend
hopefully).  There was a very bad repair job many years ago which I discovered
when I tried to replace the shock recently.  The existing plate is a mess and
I have a new plate ready to weld on.  I will be doing the R&R myself but I
would like to get any helpful hints on aligning the new plate.  The right
plate is in good shape so I can use it for a guide.  I have Norm Nock's "Tech
Talk" which has a simple diagram on page 167.  The usual diagrams in the shop
manuals are hard to read even after blowing them up on my copy machine.  Does
anyone have any helpful hints or advise (other than "take it to a
professional")?
Thanks in advance.
Ron Fine
61BN7