RE: pop and snap backfire on deceleration

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: pop and snap backfire on deceleration
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:25:58 +0200
Andy,

I agree with the others saying it could be an exhaust leak. Another option to
look for is the vacuum advance, which you say is not working. As far as I know
one of the functions of the vaccuum advance is to advance the ignition timing
when decelerating. Gas is burning slower when decelerating (don't ask me why,
read it somewhere) and with vacuum advance not working a certain amount of
unburned fuel will leave the cylinders burning in the exhaust causing
backfiring.

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----