Re: Replacing Shock Mounting Plate

To: Jerry Wall <jwbn6@iopener.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replacing Shock Mounting Plate
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 06:03:21 -0700
Jerry,

As is common there were stripped out or broken off captive nuts on the
towers.  One of the two towers had been "repaired" by the previous owner
by cutting the top of the tower off , welding on nuts, then tack welding
the top back on.  This arrangement was very unsafe as can bee seen from
the photos.  If you look ate the 1st, 2nd and 3rd photos you will see
the old broken weld where the DPO did the repair.  This weld actually
failed
and was just barley staying on.

http://www.wavewired.net/~tracy/suspension/suspension.htm

Tracy