Re: Oxygen Sensors

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oxygen Sensors
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:13:47 -0700
There are devices that are stand-alone that can be used to get a more
accurate reading of fuel/air mixtures than a tailpipe O2 sensor. As bs
mentioned, without a the computer reading and "instantaneously"
adjusting for load and other conditions there is really not much
benefit.

There are kits available for hot rodders that measure tailpipe
emissions and are designed to be used with control devices to set
programs on aftermarket ignition computers. Maybe a setup like that
could be of some use. Whether or not it would be any more effective
than the standard tuning methods for a Healey would be interesting to
learn.

About six carburettors: I'll be trying three Weber DCOE's which is just
that. One carb per cylinder. They are a real pain to setup though,
which just got me thinking, why doesn't someone make a DCOE design with
adjustable jets? That would a really great carb!

Rick
San Diego