Re: A Arm Bushings

To: "Alan Schultz" <alan@andysnet.net>,
Subject: Re: A Arm Bushings
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:38:04 +1000
Hi Guys,

Sorry about the delay. I had a major issue with the network firewall going
on holidays for the past few days. It's fixed now.

Anyway, I spoke to the guys last week. They are right in the middle of both
launching a new website and installing some new manufacturing equipment.

The answer on hardness is YES. We have been getting bushes, engine mounts,
exhaust mounts and gearbox mounts made in urethane - in a range of
differerent hardnesses, in black, for several years, here in Australia for
Healeys and Sprites. The latest methods are using polyurethane in hardness
ranges from 65 duro untensioned urethane (which is equivelent to 'normal'
suspension rubber 60 duro which is fitted under compression tension) - to
max 90/95 duro (competition front inner wishbone bushes, competition rear
BJ8 tramp rod bushes etc.). Engine mounts etc are usually around 75/80 duro.

My BJ8 has black urethane engine mounts etc. In fact, there is NO rubber in
the suspension or mounts on my BJ8 - and many other road cars here in Sydney
also have urethane. If you use the correct grease, it doesn't even squeak.
And in applications like gearbox mounts - urethane is much better than
rubber because it doesn't break down in contact with oil.

I usually arrange to get low volume runs of Healey stuff done for us as
required - I've had rear shock drop links, engine, gearbox (BN1 - BJ8),
exhaust mounts; wishbone, gearbox steady bar, BJ8 rear tramp rod bushes etc
made . I'll email the list when the next batch is to be done if any
Americans etc want some. The next batch will be in about 2 months time - I
want to wait for his new casting equipment to be installed.

As soon as I have the prices I'll post them to the list.

Best regrds

Chris

www.myaustinhealey.com