A Arm Bushings

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Arm Bushings
From: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:56:18 -0700
With the engine out of the car I am taking advantage of the work space to
replace the original lower A arm to chassis bushings.  I've read all the list
postings on the relative merits of Rubber-Polyurethane-Nylatron and I have
decided to stick with the softer ride of the rubber bushings.  I guess my age
is showing.  The question is about the quality of the bushings I just got from
one distributor.  The original bushings I removed had a metal flange that
extended from the hole up the side of the bushing to provide a bearing surface
against the frame bracket.  The new bushings don't have this metal extension,
just the inner tube.  Should I look for better rubber bushings with the
extended metal flange or are they just not made that way anymore??
Thanks for any information.
Ron
61BN7