Re:

To: INSPTWO@msn.com
Subject: Re:
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:26:55 -0600
Bill,

Interesting question - Not all replacement gaskets are exactly the same
shape in cross section. The gasket of course, goes on the lid. If you
mean the fat leg of the C section in the horizontal plane, It  fits best
with the narrow section inboard. If I put the wide section inboard,
there is too much compression between the inner shroud lip & the lid &
it forces the lid to be too high. If you mean the fat (wide section) in
the vertical plane, it goes outboard. Due to the variations in available
gasket shapes there seems to be some differences between what is
original & what actually works the best. Maybe one of the concours
experts can help sort this out. I've tried two different gaskets &
installed both ways. As I said, I opted for the fit that holds the lid
above the shroud the least.

Dave Russell
BN2