Re: Senate AB2683 analysis

To: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>,
Subject: Re: Senate AB2683 analysis
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:37:39 -0700 (PDT)
Ken -

I'm pretty amazed that Moss Motors isn't registered as
an opponent to this bill.  Moss has to be the world's
largest supplier of parts and supplies for pre '75
British cars... and it's based in California.

I know this won't agree with everyone here, but I
think a better solution would be to double or triple
registration rates for pre-'85 cars.. that would
ensure that the junkers would be taken off the road
(remember the ford granada?) and still allow collector
car owners to drive their cars more than 3,500 miles a
year as stipulated in the bill.  Sure it costs more,
but heck the state is broke and it'd reduce
pollution/emisions in the process.

By the way, my BN1 pumps less carbon & CO2 into the
atmosphere than over 50% of the current US new car
fleet.  The US average EPA rated fleet mileage is 24
MPG, so reality is probably 22 MPG... and I get about
25 MPG in the BN1.  Taking a few '04 SUVs off the road
will do more for stopping global warming than sending
our healeys to the local auto jumble.

Regards,

Alan, CA absentee voter

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8