Re: Hot Problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <ah1960bt7@att.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Problem
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:18:33 -0700
Again, thanks to the Healey List!

Got many replies to my "still heats up at idle" post.  The majority seem to
think that I may be too concerned.  The car has never puked coolant, and
there is no sound of boiling, even after turning the engine off and letting
the coolant really get hot. (temp sensor is in the head)

For those who missed the original post, the car has a new radiator core w/ 4
staggered rows of tubes, and the block/head were just cleaned by a top notch
machine shop.

I think I will quit worrying and enjoy the ride :-)

John Snyder

> John, It doesn't sound that bad from your latest description.  If it was
running at the temp of the t-stat while driving and then heated up once you
stopped inside setting still, that would appear to be 'normal'.  All of the
cars will get warmer setting while still with the hood closed.  I would not
get too worried unless it started overheating and 'puking' its coolant on
the floor.