Re: Hot Problem

To: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Hot Problem
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:33:09 -0700
Well, It is still running hot at idle.

I removed the air baffles which push air to the radiator (BT7 MK2) and
modified them so that they extended past the sides of the radiator and fit
tight. Also added tabs at their top so that the baffles go all the way up to
the bottom of the radiator top tank.

Took the car for a short drive on local streets.  It ran on the thermostat
setting.  Came home and let it idle in my shop (hood closed) where the temp
was 70F.  It took 3 minutes to go from 165F to 190F.    At this point I give
up!!  Everything on this car is to spec.

John Snyder