hot clutch slip

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: hot clutch slip
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:47:21 -0700
Yesterday at 100 degrees in traffic, the clutch slipped when going from 3OD
to 3 direct. The clutch wasn't used, but I guess there was just enough of a
jar that it slipped a bit before gripping up again. Later I could also make
it slip in 2nd pulling away in the stop and go traffic. Previously I blamed
the hydraulics for my hot weather clutch slips in traffic, but since no
hydraulics were involved in going out of OD, I am thinking that the lining
is oil soaked. I do have a substantial rear seal leak. No problems on warm
days, just the hot ones. Any comments?
Ken Freese
65 BJ8