RE: wire wheels

To: "'James Shope'" <healeymanjim@joimail.com>,
Subject: RE: wire wheels
From: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:08:40 -0500
I have had one catastrophic tire failure due to "tube chafing".  However,
the cause was the fact that the tire store used an incorrect size tube - the
stuffed a tube made for a larger tire application into the whee/tire combo
resulting in overlapping portions of tube.  Lesson here is to make sure the
proper size tire tube is being used.  Personnally, I think the use of powder
to ease chafing concerns also makes sense.  I have had no problems since I
replaced the wrong tubes - about two thousand miles or so ago.

Regards,
Stever