Re: Cooling Down. New water pump and radiator cleaning.

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Down. New water pump and radiator cleaning.
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:20:26 -0400
The fan shroud was originally brush painted red. One of the few concours
details that's easier done as original... (no masking).
I used Red Devil semi gloss "Chinese Red" which looks correct and goes on very
smoothly. (I had to add some faint brush strokes when it was partially dry so
it didn't look sprayed)

BTW, it pays to be careful when you instruct a radiator shop as to what you
want....  When I had my radiator refurbed,  it came back minus the tags that
are soldered to the front of the top tank!  ... I had to buy a destroyed
radiator just to replace the top tank w/ tags!