Re: Trunk Liner Kits

To: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trunk Liner Kits
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:40:34 -0400
Hi Ron,
It all depends on how correct you want to be. The binding on all armacord
pieces should be stitched, wrapped over to the back side and stitched tight
in to the front rolled edge. I haven't seen this done on most kits,
including Moss's. Most kits are simply bound with a U shaped vinyl edge,
stitching passing through everything, leaving a raw exposed edge to the
binding.
Also, I'm curious as to the colour scheme of your interior. The entire
interior of the car should be trimmed in the same colour, e.g. a red
interior will have red armacord, vinyl and carpet in all areas forward of
the boot bulkhead. Only the boot area, as viewed from the back of the car
would be black.
Do you already have your interior trim components and are they colour keyed
and the armacord bound as described above?
Rich Chrysler