Re: Trunk Liner Kits

To: "jerry adams" <cjerryadams@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Trunk Liner Kits
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:33:50 -0400
Hi Jerry,
To answer your question I need to know when your BN2 was built. An Old
English White BN2 built before the end of 1955 would have the same interior
and boot trimming as a BN1. That would be what the factory build cards
called "red" but in fact would be red armacord edged with a burnt orange
colour of binding.
If the car was built after about the first of January 1956 the boot lining
would still be red, but a deeper more crimson red with the same colour
binding.
This would hold true for the interior in both cases as well. After the
beginning of 1956 the interior would have been a richer shade of red, not as
orange as before, with no contrasting binding or piping. The top, tonneau
cover and side curtain colour would not change from the earlier red.
Finally to repeat what I stated in some earlier postings, the boot colours
were colour keyed to the interior colours on all big Healeys, that is first
of the BN1's right through approx. until the major styling changes of the
BN4 in late 1957, early 1958. Only after that time was the boot colour black
on all cars.
Rich Chrysler