Re: License plate

To: "Dean Caccavo" <healeybn7@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: License plate
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 18:38:56 -0700
For whatever it's worth, I have California Black Plate AZZ 654 for my 1960
BT7 which was originally sold by BMC in Walnut Creek, CA.  The car has the
original paint, and has never been restored.  Never even had a valve job.
Still runs good (fingers crossed), and plan to take it on the tour up MT
Baker, WA; next weekend.  Having said this, it could prove me wrong.

Johjn Snyder

> Also, I have always read "California Black Plate" car
> to mean a car that is relatively rust free, having
> spent all it's life in a dry climate.  Of course we
> all know that this not always the case.  In my case the black plate on my
60 BN7 is stacked almost half an inch thick with registration tags. From the
limited documentation I have it appears that the car has been licensed for
road use for 44 years running.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: