Re: License plate

To: "Gary Moomau" <moomau@verizon.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: License plate
From: "Pamela & Joel Holmes" <holmes@mcn.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:04:09 -0700
Gary,
    If your car is still in the DMV computer, which is unlikely after this
long, then you would not have to start from scratch.  If however, there is
no record of it then you will need to have the vehicle verified by either
DMV of an officer to confirm all the numbers are correct.  This would be
required even if you have a title and still have the original plates.
Even after verification, they may still demand that you update the plates at
the discretion of the DMV person.
    Good Luck,  Joel

 Question regarding the license plates:  I have black plates, but I left
> California in 1993 and returned in 1997, but did not register my BJ8
because
> it was a basket case.  I checked with California DMV on-line a couple of
> days ago and the web site advised me to mail them $15.00 and the on-line
> form to register the "non-operational" vehicle.  Will I have to take my
> plates in for verification or be advised to bring them in period.
>

> Gary, '67 BJ8
>
> Yucaipa, CA

Check out the new British Cars Forum: