Re: Rear wheel oil seal - replacement at home?

To: <Jwhlyadv@aol.com>, <bspidell@pacbell.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel oil seal - replacement at home?
From: "Scott Willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:56:06 -0500
Thanks Jim and others. I already have Charles' socket (thanks Chappy!) I've
taken it apart once and I did not replace the seals. Der, duh...I used the
method you suggest of turning the axle around and it works GREAT to get the
hub off. My concern is whether I need to do anything special to get the seal
seated properly or if I just pull the old out and push in the new.

Will try today. Look forward to driving the car to Louisville soon. I plan to
drive it to Newburg IN show Sept 18th.

Cheers,
Scott