Re: Door trim kits, again

To: <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door trim kits, again
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:57:25 -0400
Gordy,
Don't get me started.......okay, you already have!!!<grin>
The early Longbridge BN4 has so many neat and different details and
features, it seems to me a real shame to change it that much. I didn't
describe it in my first note, but there are other features within the car,
namely how the inner metal brackets for the rear quarter panels fit and are
directly associated with the design of where the later door seals fit and
end at the top. The alloy rear anchor plates that the door seals crimp into
are entirely different.
Are you asking this because of the cost factor, or possibly because there is
less to fitting the later design?
It's items like these that add up to the car being what it is, earlier
ideas, different designs. Even the seat assemblies are different design, a
direct carry over from the Hundred. It goes on from there....colour keyed
boot trim for instance. The bottom edge of the dash has no fuzzy edging, but
(I believe) a metal strip.
There are far too many of us out there who are "changing history" by
altering many of these neat early details. In time they become lost. Is that
"maintaining the marque"?
I'll get down off my soapbox now before I'm pushed off!
Rich