Re: Braided fuel line question

To: davidwjones@cox.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Braided fuel line question
From: Simonlachlan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:07:04 EDT
davidwjones@cox.net writes:

-Anybody have a suggestion on how best to cut steel braided fuel line,
leaving
a neat (non frayed) end?

I need to replace the short piece  between the 2nd and 3rd carbs, and have a
long piece I could cut. -I know  enough to push the rubber caps on to the
middle of the piece to be used,  then slide them out to the ends of the line
once cut.
I was thinking of  cutting the line using a small thin cut-off disk on my
Dremmel tool at high  speed (even if only to cut the steel braid). Any  other
thoughts?

Dave J.
I've seen the suppliers do it over here  when they're selling it iff a
drum...they mark where the cut's to be then wrap  it around with tough
insulating
tape. They then cut through the tape with a  small hacksaw. With a good blade!.
It normally works for me. I have a small - tough -pair of nail  clippers that
I use if there are any rogue strands left over.
I've a tricarb with my own set up of carbs and lines....I've  dicked around
with the fuel lines more times than I care to  admit.
SDimon.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: