Headlights Kill Engine - Problem Solved

To: healeys <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Headlights Kill Engine - Problem Solved
From: "Robert C. Atkinson" <rca53@columbia.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:28:58 -0400
Thanks for all the suggestions...they helped put me on the right track.
  It wasn't the "headlights": it was the rear lights. Root cause was a
loose tool in the boot: it had worn through the wire feeding the rear
light and also to the frame so when I turned on the lights, I had a
short..turned off the lights, engine ran fine.  I'm still a little
concerned about the burning smell and will do a thorough check of the
wiring.  Lesson learned:  keep the boot tidy.

Thanks

Check out the new British Cars Forum: