RE: Windshield Polishing

To: "R. Cobb" <rcobb@earthlink.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Windshield Polishing
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:05:51 -0400
I tried it on my Spit windshield.  Took some of the small scratches out, but
would have taken days to do the blade scratches.  I finally gave up.  If the
arcs are not too deep it may work for you.
Pete

Does anyone have experience using windshield polishing or "scratch
remover" products or having such work professionally done?

I didn't find any related threads in my archive search.

I am at a point deciding whether to replace the original windshield
(when other major body work is done) in my BJ8 which has a couple decals
on it that I would rather keep as they pertain to the past history of
the vehicle.  Also, I prefer to retain original parts wherever possible.

The marks (aside from a couple very minor stone chips) are arcs caused
by the wiper blades.

Any thoughts/suggestions/experiences?

Thanks.

R. Cobb