Re: Freeze Plugs and Substitutes

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Freeze Plugs and Substitutes
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:18:15 EDT
Actually, if you replace them with brass freeze plugs, you should have no
problems ever...well, maybe within ever but not for as long as the engine
doesn't
need to come out.  An engine builder I used in the past swore by them and
never had a freeze plug problem in any of his engines.  Just my two cents, I
don't know how hard it will be to find brass freeze plugs in the correct size.
Oh, and they do pop out when the block freezes.  Waited too long to put anti
freeze in once.  Fortunately it was one in an easy location to tap it back in.
Non Healey experience.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Regards,
Dave