Re: Steering and Cleanup

To: <RAHosmer@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Steering and Cleanup
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:55:27 -0400
I've had really good luck removing grease/dirt buildup with a product that
they have at Wal-Mart called Orange Blast. It is in a day-glo orange pkg.
Put it in a spray bottle, spray it on, let it work a while, spray it off.
I've removed so much grease and grime that was covering bare metal that now
I am beginning to see a rust problem. (Hmmm... I'm not sure that I made
progress here.) My old wiring harness was so dirty that I didn't know that
there was color in the braid. After using this stuff it looked like new.

Bob Johnson
BJ8

> Second question:
>
> The engine compartment and underside have MANY MANY years of grease and
> dirt.
.... What is considered state of the art
> for cleanup, that will NOT be destructive to the old wiring, heater
> trunking,
> etc. I'm thinking more of the sovent/brush/rag approach, rather than steam
> cleaning, for example. The car is VERY original, and I want to keep it
> that way.
> For example, my ORIGINAL fuel pump works just fine (or did until I wrote
> this -
> better go check).
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Dick Hosmer