RE: Steering Column

To: "Healey List" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Steering Column
From: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:44:12 -0400
I've been reading this thread with great interest and would like to re-ask
the question.

Is there any documented evidence of anyone being harpooned by the column?
Or is this just speculation?

While I would admit that 'anything is possible' and agree with everyone
about being extra careful out there, it seems like Ken's experience with the
truck would be more typical.  The box is so low in the chassis, and the
entire car sits so low, it would appear (to me anyway) that it would be
difficult to have an impact in such a way that the column would do this.
Especially if you agree that most impacts in the front of the vehicle will
be while you are applying the brakes, causing the front of the car to dip
even lower.

Heard Saxon

Check out the new British Cars Forum: