New to the List

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New to the List
From: "Scott Dickson" <sdickson@ksu.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:06:12 -0500
I am new to the list but not new to Healeys.  I bought my first Healey (BJ7)
in 1969 and now I am on my 4th Healey.  My brother Randy is a regular
contributor to the list with his 63 BJ7.  My current Healey (1964 BJ7) is
undergoing an engine rebuild.  Delta Camshaft is regrinding the cam and I am
putting in .020 oversized pistons.  I thought this would be a good time to
replace the original water and oil pumps.  Are there any opinions out there
on where to find a good oil pump?  There seems to be quite a range in
prices.  Is there a reason for this?  Anything that I should avoid?  Also,
would it be worthwhile (cost-effective) to have hardened valve seats put in?
Thanks in advance.

Scott Dickson
64 BJ7
65 E-Type OTS