Re: Re Cleanup

To: Alain Gigučre <agig@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Re Cleanup
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:59:45 -0700
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:09:43 -0400, you wrote:

::This summer I assisted Peter Giddings vintage racing team in the
::pits.They ran a 1935 Alfa Romeo Tipo C 8C/12C-35, and a Maserati 250
::F. As the Alfa leaks oil so much it has paper diapers in the belly
::pan to keep the oil from getting on the track, we cleaned the mess up
::after every run by removing the pan, throwing out the diapers and
::soaking the pans with Simple Green, then wiping off. If that stuff is
::good enough for these toys, it should be good enough for your toy as
::well.

Beware.  Don't use Simple Green on aluminum (or aluminium, either ;-)
).  There is fine print somewhere on the Simple Green container
warning that it will do very bad things to aluminum.  I remember
reading somewhere fairly recently about this issue.  otherwise, Simple
Green is a good cleaner.

-Roland

Check out the new British Cars Forum: