Tire recommendation

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tire recommendation
From: lisa and mark <bugtop@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:00:26 -0700
Hello list,
I did a search in the archives but didn't come up with quite the info I'm
looking for.  I have Michelin XZX's that are probably 20 years old, on my
BJ8, they're tubeless and hold air well so I'll probably stay with tubeless.
The tires are 165 SR 15.  I couldn't find that size at Tire rack online.
Questions:
Is there a more modern size designation to 165 SR 15?
Any thoughts on putting on a 175 size tire on these rims?
Finally, can some folks give their tire brand and model recommendations? I'm
looking in the  range of $30-40, and am not interested in period correct
reproductions.

Also I plan to sandblast the rims and paint them with moss's wheel paint.

Currently I'm replacing all four springs and getting the shocks rebuilt at
World Wide Auto Parts.  When I pulled off the front shocks and cleaned them
up a bit they still had the brown and white paint swipes I read about in the
Anderson/Moment restoration guide.  Pretty neat to see that original stuff.
I had the kingpins replaced earlier, and I'm also replacing the lower A arm
bushings now.  I should have a tight and beautiful looking suspension after
this.

Thanks for the reply,
Mark Buggy
'67 BJ8