Re: 100-4 seat mounting question please.

To: <Fiat500f@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 100-4 seat mounting question please.
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:55:04 -0400
Hi Paul,
The seat slider assembly has under it from top to bottom the following:
-wood packing strip about 5/16" thick
-black painted steel plate about 2 1/4" wide by 1/16" thick by 15 1/2" long
-jute underlay
-underfelt (tarpaper)
-painted steel floor
All this is sandwiched and held in place by the sleeved steel nuts passing
up from the underside and screwed onto the seat track studs. The extra
length of the steel plates and wood packing pieces goes to the back of the
assembly.

If the Hundred has no sliders as is usual on the passenger's side, the
height to make up for the lack of the slider assembly is taken up by a wood
packing piece 3/4" thick on top of the standard 5/16" thick one. In this
case, 1/4" bolts go down through the counterbored 5/16" piece, through the
steel plate, underlays etc. and are anchored with flats, locks and nuts on
the underside of the floor. It also has speed nuts imbedded into the
underside of the wood and 1/4" bolts with flats and locks go down through
the seat pan, through the 3/4" packers and into the speed nuts.
Rich Chrysler