Re: 100-4 seat mounting question please.

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 100-4 seat mounting question please.
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:14:12 -0400
A quick suggestion if you are using the Moss sliding rail mechanism. I was
able to salvage one of two original sets or rails, the the other had been
destroyed in the 80's. I bought Moss replacements which seemed fine, but
three of the captive studs in the sliding rail loosened, and in the case of
the rearmost one, it was impossible from any position of the rail to get a
bite on the nut head to tighten the nuts. I strongly recommend re-braizing
the studs before you install, as if the stud falls down into the wooden
hole, you will have a dickens of a time pulling it up. I had to braize a
fine copper wire to the head and pull it up. Would have taken just a few
minutes to reinforce the studs securely. No problem on the original rails.
after 46 years and dozens of tightening and loosening nuts, none of the
studs is loose. Otherwise, the Moss rail is aesthetically and functionally
compatible.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: