Re: Austin Healey 100

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Austin Healey 100
From: John Peak <redbn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 04:09:45 -0800 (PST)
I have a reprint of an article from the October, 1971 issue of Autocar that
refers to the 100/4.  I also have one from the June, 1976 issue of Road & Track
that makes the same reference, so clearly the term has been in common use for
at least 30 years.  But it wasn't the factory that did it, it was those damned
journalists! :)

John

JH67HEALEY@aol.com wrote:
I very rarily post on the list but in this case I will. I have been thru
every book in my Healey library (123), through every brochure (46) and in none
of them is there any reference to the 100/4. The earliest book written by
Donald Healey and Tommy Wisdom does not mention a 100/4. The Austin Healey
Hundreds that came to the Salt Flats in Sept 1953 were all Austin Healey
Hundreds.

 Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.  www.yahoo.com/a

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.