RE: new Octane Magazine

To: Editorgary@aol.com, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: new Octane Magazine
From: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:59:26 +0000
>From: Editorgary@aol.com
>To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
>Subject: new Octane Magazine
>Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:23:48 EST
>
>Just got my latest issue of Octane magazine in the mail -- excited to see
>three rare big Healeys on the cover. Turns out the cover story is about the
>incredible collection of that anonymous Healey collector in England who has
>Donald's 100S coupe, two of John Gott's rally cars, one of the
>Rolls-Healeys, and a
>number of other rare historic Healeys that live in a climate-controlled
>garage
>in a location that is never divulged.

Well it's really not quite that secret.  His name is Arthur Carter.  In fact
last year I wrote to him to ask for the story of his 100S cars as part of
the research for the 100S Golden Anniversary issue of Austin-Healey
Magazine, and he did write back and even called me from England to chat for
awhile.  I, too, had been under the impression that he was a bit secretive,
but apparently not so.

There was a feature in Carter's 100S coupe -- the former personal car of
Donald Healey -- along with a small photo of Carter standing beside it, in
the 100S Golden Anniversary issue, just published.  Copies of this 52-page
special issue of the mag are being sent to all those who join the
Austin-Healey Club USA, until supplies run out (they are not sold
separately).

However, the big news is that Carter has recently liquidated part of his
collection (includes Healeys and  other-than-Healeys) in preparation for a
move to smaller digs in southern England.  Our UK Correspondent recently
attended a very private, very exclusive "do" at Carter's estate as a sort-of
farewell to some of the car , and we'll publish a few details in an upcoming
edition of Austin-Healey Magazine (www.healey.org).  By the way, the 100S
Coupe IS for sale, but as the Brits would say, Bring BAGS of money!"

Cheers,
Reid Trummel
Editor, Austin-Healey Magazine
In touch and on top of the Healey world...