Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure

To: Rick Neves <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Subject: Re: Overdrive wierdness - I'm not really sure
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:12:38 -0700
Hi Rick,

  If the car has been in OD & the dash switch is then moved to normal,
the car will not shift out of OD unless the throttle is depressed. It
appears that the throttle switch is not adjusted correctly, is wired
wrong, or is defective. Turning off the power resets the relay.  I am
attaching an operational description & schematic of the OD electrical
circuits. Of course the attachment will be removed automatically on the
list version but not on your copy.

Dave Russell
BN2

Rick Neves wrote:
> But I still have this weird thing going on with the overdrive. Basically
> the way it is operating is that when you have the dash switch in the off
> position, it runs without jumping into overdrive. Well that is normal,
> but once you flip the switch it will go into overdrive at the
> appropriate times only in third and fourth and it comes out of overdrive
> in any other gear. And that is normal as well.
>
> The problem is that if you put the switch in the normal position after
> it has been in the overdrive position, the system will not revert back
> to the "never go into overdrive situation". What I mean is that it will
> continue to shift into overdrive at the appropriate times in third and
> fourth even though the switch is in the normal position. The only way to
> get it to revert back to the "never go into overdrive (or normal)"
> operation is to turn off the key. I've even tried this while driving
> down the street. Turning off the power and then turning it on and
> starting the engine and the overdrive then stays out.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Rick Neves
> '56 BN-2

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of AH
OD BN2 Schematic.jpg]