Re: Help! Fuel Leak!

To: "Blue One Hundred" <international_investor@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Help! Fuel Leak!
From: "Alex" <alexmm@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:26:32 -0500
Brent, Alan et al:

On my BT7 the petrol drain pipes were broken off and missing, but the little
two-part screw-in fittings on the underside of the intake manifold were in
place. I removed them, cleaned 'em up, and sweat-soldered some copper tubing
(available at NAPA and most auto parts stores) to the fittings. Though these
new lines are only a small fraction of an inch from the exhaust manifold, they
work well, with no melting of the soldered joints.

Good luck!

==    Alex in Maine (still looking for a "replacement" for my old BJ8)

      1960 BT7 3000 Mark 1 - "The Blue Mainie"
      Former owner of 1957 100-6, and 1967 3000 Mark III BJ8
      http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm