Re: Help! Fuel Leak!

To: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Subject: Re: Help! Fuel Leak!
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:36:57 -0700
Hi Michael,

You are quite correct. My contention is that properly set up &
maintained carbs don't flood in the first place. As I said earlier, I
have never had a SU carb flood. It appears that the designers didn't have
confidence that folks would properly maintain the carbs & fuel system.
This flooding thing must be much more prevalent than I realized. Still,
it is curious that very few other manufacturers chose to go this route.
I respect your views on this. I said at the very first that my opinion
would be controversial.

Best to you,
Dave Russell
BN2