Re: engine to stand mounting

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: engine to stand mounting
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:15:52 -0600
You can do it either way.   One problem that I ran into while hanging my
engine without the plate was that the extension tubes  on the stand head
were not as long as they could have been.   The head hit on the rear crank
flange.   So it took me an extra day to get this ironed out with 4 grade 8
washers on each extension tube to give  me clearance around the crank.
Some heads have longer tubes than others.

If you plan on removing the rear main cap while on the stand it seems to me
that you need to have the rear plate off to give yourself clearance.

Mark