Re: front shroud adhesive, air duct questions???

To: <dicksonr@uwm.edu>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: front shroud adhesive, air duct questions???
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:33:32 -0500
Randy asked:
 I'm about to attach the front shroud on my BJ-7 and I was wanting to know
what
> kind of mastic, adhesive or whatever, if anything, that I need to glue it
> down
> to the chassis.

I usually use a bead of black silicone to seal around the demister vent
openings, across the firewall area and back along the sides to the back
edge, basically following where they applied the seal originally.

> Also, how far out of the vent hole in the front(right side) of the car
> does the
> air ducting protrude?

If you have the tube protrude an inch or so out the front of the aperture,
that will be plenty.

Is there anything that holds it in place?
No but once in place along with the black band clamp anchored to the inner
right wheel arch and the back end of it firmly clamped to the blower intake
it won't move anywhere.

  Lastly, what color is the inlet vent (tube with valve) in the front (left
side) of car?  Is
> it body color or flat black?

As with all these type of questions, because it had nothing to do with the
assembly of the body panels, it was added later after the body shell was
assembled and painted. Therefore it should be a satin black

Thanks in advance.

You're welcome!
Rich Chrysler