Re: front shroud adhesive, air duct questions???

To: <dicksonr@uwm.edu>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: front shroud adhesive, air duct questions???
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:18:40 -0500
Randy,

> I'm about to attach the front shroud on my BJ-7 and I was wanting to know
what
> kind of mastic, adhesive or whatever, if anything, that I need to glue it
down
> to the chassis.

I would echo what a couple others have said.  You really do not want to glue
the shroud to anything.  The sealer orig used can be a bear to remove or
separate.  I would suggest something like dum-dum as we used to call it.
You want something which will not harden or glue.  Remember: the function of
the stuff is not to attach but to fill gaps between the scuttle and the
underside of the shroud.  Be sure you look carefully for light between these
two parts as the gaps can be rather large and require something other
than/in addition to the dum-dum.

> Also, how far out of the vent hole in the front(right side) of the car
does the
> air ducting protrude?  Is there anything that holds it in place?

The duct protrudes out maybe 3/4 to 1 inch and nothing holds it in place.

Lastly, what
> color is the inlet vent (tube with valve) in the front (left side) of car?
Is
> it body color or flat black?  Thanks in advance.

If by inlet vent tube you mean the assembly with the butterfly valve, it
should be gloss or semigloss black.

Keith Pennell