Re: Healey Values

To: <scotyp@comcast.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Healey Values
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:52:50 -0500
....Scot, I don't know all of the reasons why BCs jumped in price back then,
but I do know it was early-mid eighties when I had an eye on parlaying the
Healey I had just bought for $5000 into the purchase of an XKE. It seemed to
me that with their pedigree, performance, exotic styling and relative
scarcity, they were going "cheap" at the time. A really nice 6 cyl example
could be had for $12,000. -No other exoticar could be had anywhere near the
price.
I was just about finished "cleaning up" the Healey for resale, when Car and
Driver published a cover story: "The 10 best Investment Cars" --On the cover,
and #1 on their list, was the XKE. Overnight, the average XKE jumped up to
$45,000. Some went as high as $75,000 not long thereafter.
Needless to say, I still have the (now fully restored) Healey.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA