Clicking Sound

To: "Healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clicking Sound
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:44:23 -0800
I have a 1954 BN1 (154897).  If I leave the car in overdrive and pull up to a
stop light, one hears a clicking sound.  Switching out of overdrive makes the
clicking go away.  It sounds like a run-away relay.  (No, it is not the fuel
pump making this clicking sound.)

It is possible that the clicking also occurs when I'm on the road, and I can't
hear it due to the road noise, but I doubt it.

Per the manual, there are a number of overdrive relays and an overdrive
solenoid.  It would be appreciated if anyone can advise on how to diagnose the
problem.
Thanks,
Ben