Fw: REmoving Master Cylinder

To: "Healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: REmoving Master Cylinder
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:56:25 -0500
 Ben,
 It's not as bad as one would think......you work from below.
 First raise the front of the car off the ground and rest it on sturdy axle
 stands. Remove the left front wheel just to get it out of the way. Get in
 there with a good light and crack the two hydraulic line nuts loose. Undo
 the pushrod assembly from the cylinder. Undo the two mounting bolts that
run
 horizontally through the master cylinder casting. Now finish removing the
 line nuts from the cylinder body.
 To reassemble, put the two mounting bolts through the casting but don't
 start them yet. Carefully start the two hydraulic line nuts while the
 cylinder is still free to be tilted and adjusted to line up the threads.
 Once the threads have started, run them in finger tight only. Now run the
 mounting bolts into place and tighten. Finally tighten the hydraulic line
 nuts and reassemble the pushrod assembly. Last thing is to make sure you
 leave sufficient free play at the pushrod for the cylinder piston to return
 fully to the end of it's stroke.
 Hope this helps.
 Rich Chrysler