Re: Engine and Manifold Colors

To: "John Peak" <redbn7@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Engine and Manifold Colors
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:44:31 -0500
John peak wrote:<snip>
 You are correct.  I'd forgotten that some six port head engines were
installed while cars were still being built at Longbridge.  What I should
have said was to my knowledge no BN4's had 2 port head engines painted
Morris green.  And from Derek's comments I gather that the use of Morris
green engines ended some time prior to the end of production of the 1st
batch BN4's.

> While this may seem like a trivial point to most Healey enthusiasts, as
> the owner of two different transition cars (my previous BN4 and my current
> BN7 with 100/6 badges) I am keenly interested in seeing the details of
> these oddities documented.  There is nothing quite so frustrating as to be
> told  by otherwise knowledgeable Healey enthusiasts that features you know
> to be original on your car are "wrong".  Thanks to Roger and Gary's
> excellent book and this magnificent list, I know that I am not alone in
> owning a Healey that does not quite fit with the conventional wisdom of
> what is "correct".

I must apologize to the list for adding some confusion re this Longbridge
engine colour thing.
With all best intentions the other day on this list I attempted to summarize
the different engine colours seen on our Healeys from beginning of
production through to the end. What I wasn't absolutely sure on (read
Longbridge BN4 engine colours) I culled from the National Concours
Guidelines as they presently read. Meanwhile as per Gary Anderson's note,
the committee with the help of all you Longbridge produced BN4 owners out
there would like to nail this thing down and correct this information. The
more feedback the more we will learn and be able to be accurate about.
The early Longbridge built BN4 is a very important and interesting car with
many unique features. These cars deserve to be documented and restored as
correctly and accurately as possible.
We'll get there.
Rich Chrysler