Re: Engine and Manifold Colors

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine and Manifold Colors
From: John Peak <redbn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:18:24 -0800 (PST)
Gary and Rich,

I believe Gary is correct that only the "transition cars", those built in
Abindon prior to BN4 #68960 with the six port head and the Longbridge style top
and interior details had the Morris green engine paint.  I don't know if all
these transition cars were this way but can say for certain the the one I
owned, #56204 most certainly was. It was built in late January 1958.
To my knowledge all the Longbridge built BN4's had Healey green painted engines.

John Peak
'59 BN7
Former owner '58 BN4

Editorgary@aol.com wrote:
Though often argued about, we've never found any reason to believe that
factory six-cylinder Healey engines were ever painted any color other than what
we
call "Healey Engine Green" which is the light metallic silver-gray green.
(Clausager says it was called "Steel dust grey" for you triviots). The only
documented exception were a few of the first 100-Sixes assembled at Abingdon
during
the transition from Longbridge to Abingdon), which were painted the darker
Morris green.