Re: Three speed tranny question

To: Charley Braum <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Three speed tranny question
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:17:21 +0800
Hi Charley -

I don't know about any publication which talks about this, but there's
a piece of metal called the shifter gate which blocks out the first
gear.  I believe if you file down one of the tabs on the gate, you
will get access to first gear, but of course this would void the
manufacturer's warranty if it is still in effect ;-).

I'd leave it alone, first gear is pretty useless, unless you are in
alot of slow moving parades.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8