Re: How to fit transmission tunnel extension?

To: "Brett Bonner" <bbbonner@fedex.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to fit transmission tunnel extension?
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:03:37 -0500
Brett,
I'm sorry I couldn't follow your coded message but let's have another go at
this.
The inboard verical footwells are covered with glued on carpet up to the
edges. The tunnel extension piece is covered with carpet over and onto the
back sides of the left, right, and top edges. This will give you the carpet
to carpet seal we spoke about in the article.
The steel gearbox cover will have matching interior colour vinyl glued
around the curved up front lip of the cover. The cover is screwed into place
along both sides of the floor flanges, 4 screws per side.
The gearbox cover carpet will be fitted to the cover with the raw edge of
carpet at the front butting up tightly to this curved up vinyl trimmed front
edge. The carpet does not glue to the cover but carpet snaps along the lower
sides keep it in place.
Hope this helps.
Rich