Re: Questions BN6 Moss Motors Panel Kit on Installation

To: "Brett Bonner" <bbbonner@fedex.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions BN6 Moss Motors Panel Kit on Installation
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:48:47 -0500

> Hi - I am trying to finish installing the Panel Kit from Moss Motors on a
> BN6.  Due to space, I had to consolidate the shipping boxes with other
> parts.  The panel kit lists two parts I have no idea what they are or
> where
> they go.  The first part is referenced as a '1 1/2" x 54 welt with 4/32"
> core' (no kidding, they just didn't say (1/8").  Is this the vinyl piping
> and does it go on the outside of the door shut trim? Or is it for the
> instrument panel somewhere.  The second is a "Moquette Windlace."  Is this
> what is known typically as Furflex and does it go around the bottom of the
> instrument panel?
>
> Thanks.

Brett,
It sounds like you have the pieces figured out. You didn't mention their
respective colours. The door shut edge piping for a BN6 should be black.
When the piping reaches the top area and has to make the sharp curve and
bend to go in behind the alloy "ear" the core must be removed so the piping
can lay flat.
The dash edge furflex strips should be colour keyed to the interior.
Pics of both areas att'd.
Hope this helps

Rich

P1010075.JPG]