Re: wire wheels

To: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:26:57 -0500
I agree, unless you are racing, or doing something else really stressful, I
don't get it. ....But then, I have always had sixty spoke wires, I can't speak
for the 48s.  Even the old crummy wheels that my car came with, never had
tuning or spoke problems.... just worn splines that eventually stripped...
(way fun).   But have not had problems with the old or new 60 spoke painted
wheel spokes.
But I guess this doesn't really answer your main question, does it? -Never
having had a funky wheel, I don't know about a truing stand and such.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA