Wire wheels.

To: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire wheels.
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:47:45 -0800
Thirty years ago when I was foolish enough to run around on 48's and
even chrome 48's (Gasp, but they looked sooo cool!) I was losing spokes
every time out, duh!

I kept graduating up and 3 years ago went to tubeless Dayton stainless
6" 72's with Dunlop 205/65's.  I don't race but I do drive hard and
that's a lot of tire on the ground for wires.

I absolutely love them.  After 5M miles they're still smooth as silk to
over 100, on a closed circuit, of course ;-)
If your not going concours why mess with anything less?  The only time I
plan on taking them off is for cleaning.

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1 well shod