Re: AH Paris Motor Show car 1957

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AH Paris Motor Show car 1957
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:01:26 +0800
Dark undercoats help provide deeper finish colors when spraying in
lacquer, in addition it helps guide the sprayer to make sure there
aren't any spots light on paint coverage.

Conversely, black cars should be painted with light colored undercoats
so that you can make sure it is sufficiently and evenly coated and
covered.

Yes, also thin dark glossy coats over primer help the body men make
sure the curved and flat areas are perfectly shaped... this process
may take several runs with the sprayer and sand paper, but if done
well can look like nothing you've ever seen.

Finally, the best paint jobs will usually give you at least 10 coats
of color, so that you can color sand an polish off any peel...
although I guess some expensive modern paints may lay very well
without any peel, I don't know.  When you cut the peel with color
sanding paper to a perfectly smooth finish... that's how you get these
incredibly deep looking paint jobs on show cars... takes alot of
patience and hand work...$$$!  I know.. I used to have the nicest
paint job on a rubber bumpered MGB in the US!!!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8